STUDY VISA INFO
Most overseas students need a visa to study full-time in New Zealand. You are considered to be a domestic studentwho does not need a student visa if one of the following applies to you.
However, some overseas students have domestic studentstatus and require a student visa to study or train in New Zealand.
You do not need a student visa for one or more programmes of study, up to a total of three months, that the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has approved or exempted (see the NZQA website www.nzqa.govt.nz). In this case you may need to apply for a visitor visa. A student visa is also not required for a single period ofup to three months� study at a primary, intermediate, or secondary school. The study must be completed within that calendar year
- You are a New Zealand citizen.
- You hold a New Zealand residence class visa.
- You hold a special temporary (diplomatic, consular orofficial) visa.
- University students who enrolled in a PhD programme for the first time after 10 April 2005
- Some primary and secondary school students